Matcha Green Tea Shortbread Cookies mainly from Lovescool
3 Large egg yolks
1 1/2 tbsps matcha green tea powder
125 g flour
15og unsalted butter, room temperature
100 g caster sugar
150g caster sugar (to coat the dough)
- Whisk the confectioner’s sugar and matcha powder together.
- Beat the butter and matcha sugar mixture together in a stand mixer (use paddle attachment) until the butter is smooth and light.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined.
- Mix in the egg yolks until they are incorporated and the dough comes together.
- Gather the dough into a ball and flatten it into a thick disc.Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until it is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree C.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to about 1/2 inch thickness.
8. Use a small cookie cutter (about 2-inches) to cut shapes from the dough.
9. Roll the cut dough in granulated sugar and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
10.Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until they begin to turn golden at the edges.
11.This recipe makes about 5 dozen 1-inch cookies. Store in airtight container away from sunlight as the color will fade with exposure to sun.
And my little one came home from school and told me, “Mummy, I love your garden of green flowers. Don’t eat them ok ?”
Well. I love my garden of green flowers too.