It has been a crazy 4-months since my last post in March.
Changes, more correctly, transformation in life that my family and I have gone through over the past months.
And thankfully, we are blessed that the outcome is positive though feeling disappointed, upset, hopeless at times. Family love and support and faith are what we hang on to.
To celebrate the start of new phase of life, I made some s’more cookies last week.
Homemade Graham Crackers
Ingredients – for around 30 2-inch by 3 inch cookies
280 g all-purpose flour
140 g whole wheat flour
60 g brown sugar
225 g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
1. In the bowl of a food processor, blend together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, rown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add the butter pieces and the honey and blend until the mixtures comes together.
2. Scrape out the dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap and pat it into a rectangular shape; wrap well. Refrigerate until firm, but still pliable, about 1 hour.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
4. Line two baking trays with parchment paper . Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out thinly, about 1/8 inch thick. (you can gather the dough scraps and reroll as necessary).
5. Cut out crackers with a 2- to 3-inch cookie cutter (or cut into squares with a pizza cutter) and place pieces on the prepared baking sheets, a dozen per sheet. Prick each one several times with a fork and sprinkle with caster sugar, if desired.
6. Chill the pieces on the sheets for at least 15 minutes before baking. bake for 14 to 16 minutes until golden. Let set for 1 minute before transferring the crackers to a rack to cool completely.
And we sandwiched with a thick, yummy layer of mashmallow. (Recipe : Please click on Puffy Cloudy Marshmallows).
And here we are, stacks of S’more cookies in the shapes of clouds.
Layers of goodness as we bite the cookies — the chocolaty bitterness coupled with the sweetness from marshmallows.
A good snack for the summer.