” Mummy, Shall we make some monsters for Halloween?”
And there she goes, doodled some of her great ideas of Halloween items.
Source of my inspiration for the cookies and not to forget the interesting blog of the decorated cookies helped a lot.
“The Perfect Sugar Cookies” modified from The Sweet Adventure of sugarbelle
175 g icing sugar (I cut down to 120g)
227 g unsalted butter (room temperature)
400 g – 450 g all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsps baking powder
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Line the baking trays with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and extract and mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt, add to wet mixture little by little until well incorporated.
- Roll and cut cookies into rectangular sticks (I cut into 15 cm by 4 cm), dusting with flour as necessary. Place the cut dough on the baking trays.
- Bake cookies at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes until tops are appear dry. Do not brown.
- Take out the cookies from the oven and leave them to cool.
” The Mummy cookie is staring…”
Cookie Decoration – Royal Icing Recipe
800 g icing sugar
4 tbsp of meringue powder
6 tbsp of warm water
some food colouring (I used soft gel from Wilton)
- Beat all ingredients until stiff peaks form.
- Make sure all bowls and utensils are totally grease-free or your icing will never reach proper consistency.
- If the icing is too thick, you can slowly dilute it with a bit of warm water.
- Add in the colours you want for your monsters.
My little missy’s favourite – Spirally-Staring Monster, she called it.
For the eyes
20g sugar paste (white)
20g sugar paste (black)
I made the eyes by using both the white and black sugar paste.
My little missy decided to make her own set of monsters. And I LOVE them. I made the eyes by using both the white and black sugar paste.